Sunday 19 July 2015

Of Hot Tea, Teens and Magic Mike XXL

To cap off what has been a horrendous, unproductive week, I had a seriously weird Sunday.

First off, angst-filled, lazy teens who obviously don’t like classes on the weekend – who does? Add to that the juvenile urge to try out very cheesy flirtation tactics on their drama teacher and I’m reminded why the male of the species often make me go “Seriously??”

So, to de-stress, smart little me decided to go for a movie. Grabbing a quick bite on the way. Literally. Hence the hot tea. And forgot the basic thing about not using one’s thighs to hold/squeeze a cup. Next thing I knew, there was sweet hot tea all over my lap.

Ironic considering the movie was Magic Mike XXL. Cat calls and ladies laughing really loud. I guess, as isn’t the case with many other things, the objectification of men is almost on par with that of women. Biggest difference as a feminist writer and a teen student (not related in any way as far as I could tell) put it, men aren’t exactly upset by the objectification. For the review of Magic Mike XXL, please see my other blog :) http://eroftasy.blogspot.com/2015/07/magic-mike-xxl-review.html

No comments:

Post a Comment