Sunday 19 February 2017

Reaction To Comments

Finally pushed out the piece that I'd written near the end of last year. Everything has been delayed because of a combination of time crunch, exhaustion and illness.

The feedback has been interesting. Here are some points of feedback I'd like to deal with here:


  • Wordy: I've heard this numerous times and I'm not quite sure what it implies. I've gone from posting eight to four to two pages. I'm not sure how less wordy I can get.  Should I hit the return key more often after a one-liner? Lol 



  • No action/going no where/too much telling: Not to be a smartass but conclusions are not meant to introduce something new unless you're writing a lead-in for the next installment. They are supposed to conclude. And narrative, by definition,  is telling.  Technically, unless you're producing a video or illustration,  there's no show.  The "show" that readers often refer to is still descriptive. Remember,  there's no show and tell script in operation here.  



  • Repetition: I agree with some of the comments on there being repetition. For me, that is a replication (yes,  pun intended) of the process of event and memory where memory replays the event and evokes or adds new layers of meaning  and emotion to an event or symbol.  


I thank all readers for their feedback, good intentions or otherwise. In particular,  I thank the LW greats and legends who have taken the time to lend me their opinions - a virtual kiss for y'all! Don't be a stranger now!


No comments:

Post a Comment