Sunday 6 November 2016

Singing The Blues

I'm sure everyone's heard all the platitudes about how no one is anything without their past, how the past shapes the future. Let me just summarise how I feel about the past; I hate the past at least 95% of the time. Rather than trying to escape the past, I'm more inclined to want to wipe out or forget it. 

Yes, there are times when I laugh and think fondly about the past but they are few and far between. Of course, there are almost 37 years that I'd rather forget now, not too sure about the first 3 years of course.

There's one big difference in my dislike of the past now versus, well, in the past. Previously, I wondered why I bothered living to suffer. Now, I wonder why I let others/the powers that be victimise me - it really is up to me to live my life instead of living with misery. So, I say so long to one of my favourite songs as a kid:



And hello to a ridiculously optimistic song that'll be my theme from now on:


Ok, so I'm still partial to cheesy jokes; bite me!


No comments:

Post a Comment