Sunday 17 January 2016

The Pervasive Effects of LW

Reading and writing cheating wives or LW stories has had great impact
on me. Most readers and friends would know by now that I've avoided
the genre for ages. Then I read a couple, was aghast, then read a few
more and was hooked. Now, I guess I'm obsessed in the same way I was
obsessed by revenge tragedies.

For me, it's all about the themes of betrayal and consequences, more
often than not revenge. I'm not a misogynist, let me make that clear.
I've always been a feminist and I despise those who think women are
too dumb or weak to think and decide for themselves.

This, of course, means I strongly dislike LW stories where the wife is
too dumb to refrain from cheating or betraying her spouse.Seriously,
do the deed, face the consequences.

Having said that, I do think people who cheat or are unfaithful can be
prone to delusions or illusory justification of their actions. Some
people do say "it's not how it looks" because they really don't see it
that way. They've built up a whole illusion that helps them justify
their betrayal because the truth is too hard to swallow.

Cheating wives or LW is a genre which provokes some of the worst
responses and reactions from people because it is gut wrenching to
realise that you cannot trust the person you thought you loved and
swore to be with for better or worse. And that after forsaking all
others.

For me it's so gut wrenching that I cannot read or listen to certain
stuff without feeling the indignation or the fire.


Take Heart's All I wanna do is make love to you. It's an old song but
people still react in controversial ways to the song. I'm glad in a
way that the lead singer and members of the group don't like the song
in terms of the content. To be frank I've never been too comfortable
with the song lyrics.



Look, is the lead character really wanted a baby and the guy she's in
love with can't give her kids, there's always a sperm bank. She didn't
have to fuck a stranger, a young good-looking virile stranger. That
she dies says as much about her as it does about her opinion of her
lover or husband.

It gets worse because the second stanza goes on to talk about how the
stranger she fucks did everything right and "brought out the woman in"
her "so many times" "easily". Here's where it gets murky, if she
fucked a stranger to get pregnant, was it necessary for her to enjoy
the process and isn't her vicarious gushing over the prowess of her
one night stand. It gets worse because she goes on to talk about
"loving arms to hold onto" and refers to their fucking as "making
love". So where does that leave the man she supposedly is in love
with?

And that note she leaves the stranger made me choke - flower and seed
- seriously, why the need to justify or beautify the whole sordid one
night stand. It gets worse, she tells him in the note he will "live in
her memories" and he'll "always be there". Hands up anyone else who
thinks the betrayal is complete? First physical and sexual. Then
emotional and mental.

Of course, the stranger himself finds himself betrayed indirectly when
he happened to go the same way some years later. He finds he's been
sperm donor for the woman's child. And that she only wanted that from
him. That he was also a great fuck was bonus apparently. Oh and she's
in love with another man. Really??

How do you love someone and betray them so thoroughly? For those who
think I'm too hard on the woman - if the circumstances were reversed
and she can't have kids, would it be ok for the man to go out and fuck
some female, get her pregnant (oh and declare it was a great fuck
experience) and then present the woman he loves with the situation and
the kid? Hell no! It's not acceptable for a man or a woman though I
can already see women going like "well, men would behave this way
because they're pigs or dogs".

Suffice to say I won't accept this from anyone - male or female. It's
clearly selfish betrayal no matter how you look at it.



No comments:

Post a Comment