Sunday 5 June 2016

Princely Erotica Review 1

Never thought I'd read, much less review, erotica that centres on princes but had a friend recommend these reads after a really awful couple of weeks at work and life generally.

Ok, let me start by saying I was surprised by how I enjoyed both reads and I took up the last recommended read from another friend without too much resistance LOL

So to get straight to the heart of the matter:-


Author: Vanessa Waltz

What made me go huh??: Anglefell. Not sure if it's a pun on the Anglo-Saxon nation and the fall (from grace) that the nation seems to have gone through. It clearly is good old Britain with all its quirks that seems to be the mold for Anglefell.

Storyline in a snap: Sassy American girl Daisy decides to sneak into Anglefell, a country that is in a state of cold war with the United States. When she's caught, she's accused of being a spy. So manwhore Prince Liam discovers a heart (ie an organ that beats with blood, other than the crown jewels of course haha!), he decides to propose a mutually beneficial alliance in the form of marriage. That starts a series of obstacle courses which the increasingly happy couple must negotiate.

What puzzled or dismayed me : Please see next post, there's something this story shares with the next read which was puzzling.

What I liked: The humour. Waltz has clearly decided to take a step away from the usual crime spiel and the first hint came in the chapter titles which are tabloid headlines. Nice touch. There's a Facebook page associated with the story and I'll pop by soon seeing how intrigued I'm by the idea.

Rating: 3.5*

                                                                    




A prince who speaks with a South London accent? LOL Bring it on!

No comments:

Post a Comment