Sunday 19 June 2016

Responses to comments on Destroying Fantasies Part 2

So far, I've refrained from actually responding to comments and feedback sent through emails and through the comments section on the story. That is, apart from readers who specifically requested responses via email. I've found from experience that responding to positive or negative comments merely encourage the trolls. I do thank all who took the time to give a considered feedback. As for the haters/doubters - Whatever your intentions, I prefer to give you the benefit of the doubt.


There was, however, one strand of comment that left me wondering just how did that impression come about. Let me be clear about one thing: I do not find infidelity, adultery and cheating sexy or romantic. So there is no chance that I could ever romanticise a situation that contains these elements. Is there anger? Yes. Is that anger romanticised? No. I do not support or endorse violence in any way. I've been on the receiving end of violence so romanticising violence is about as palatable as soggy fries floating in tea.



Revenge fascinates me. The stripping down of Man's layers of civility to basic, raw  emotions is potentially mesmerising - it's what drew me to theatre and the cinema for years! Is the exploration of all these emotions and ideas done in an OTT way in my work? Let me be honest, hell, yes. Though I might never reach the same level as the works and artists I admire, I do not shy away from the darker side of things.



Everyone is entitled to their opinion, fair enough if you don't like my work. I have varied tastes, HEA is fine but I appreciate a touch of the melodramatic (read OTT) that Euripides’s Medea and Zola's Thérèse Raquin provide. And you can only imagine what my reaction to Seneca’s Phaedra is LOL If your reading palette extends beyond pastel cotton candy and cayenne pepper chocolate, try reading my work. it's not easy reading but who knows you may like it!  Here's the link.



Everyone else, venture no further, such reading is not for the faint of heart or short attention spans! 




No comments:

Post a Comment