Friday 18 December 2015

A Letter to Readers

It's that time of year again when many celebrate and some reflect on the year that's been. It's been quite a year for me. Started writing and publishing in the second quarter of the year. Made a few new friends online. Started a more active  social media presence. And started on genres that I never thought I'd ever dare to touch.

Themes of betrayal have always fascinated me and I guess it shows through the work. I've always liked Alexandre Dumas' work. That was a major driving force behind the effort to learn French, which is still a work in progress, stalled by lack of time and resources. I miss French classes and French cinema! Even the declensions, which drive me up the walls!

Revenge for the betrayal suffered has been a unchanging principle for me perhaps because I've seen betrayal early in life. Some have jokingly attributed that to the horoscope ^^ LOL

Yet I prefer to think of it as an Old Testament thing, you know the part of the bible that provides all the drama and brimstone (plus fodder for Hollywood blockbusters!). Mind you, I like a happily ever after like most but I can't accept one that occurs because one party was hoodwinked or unfairly dealt with. If this offends you, please do not read my recent work. Those not offended by some brimstone, please read on! 

Real life: started a new job earlier this year, contemplating moving as the wanderlust beckons and I'm ready to start looking earnestly.

If circumstances allow, I'll return to the Continent soon and may even go back to school, I know, I know, I'm addicted to the freedom of student life, but hopefully, I'll be in less claustrophobic surroundings, another experience of dreaming spires madness is not quite for me!

Hopefully, there'll be time to breathe in the new year and I'm looking forward to a little break so don't miss me too much!

Hope to post one last story before the year ends - I'm unusually hesitant about the story because it has my guts roiling and I'm afraid what that might cause in my dark/twisted imagination LOL read and find out!


Lastly, here's wishing a really wonderful holiday season to all readers and keep reading and giving feedback! I've donated most of my holiday budget to charity and no cards going out this season I'm afraid but I'm sure you won't mind since a vulnerable individual or family out there will be eating and warmer this season!

Apparently, my Christmas story is out : Have fun! From the comments, the knives are drawn LOL! Maybe I should bring out the turkey hurhurhur!



No comments:

Post a Comment