Sunday 13 December 2015

Wishing Upon A Star

It's been a weird week.Almost swore I was going to de-stress this week but embarked instead on another project that had my guts all twisted. Actually it was probably practice run for the next project which just thinking about it already has me all in knots - visceral reaction.

Been slowly feeling ill and had to try to get some rest - pretty sure I'm gonna have to take sick leave soon but gonna hold off as long as I can.

Watched Justin Kurzel's Macbeth. Liked some, didn't quite like other parts. The opening sequence, though  different from Shakespeare's Act 1 Scene 1, probably explained why Lady Macbeth turned so bloodthirsty and certainly  the speech regarding the babe. Of course, it provides a reverse psychology explanation for the infamous lines she utters in Act 1 Scene 7. An utter repudiation of social expectations regarding the roles and emotions of woman and mother. In this play as with the other Shakespearean tragedies, a woman who oversteps boundaries becomes a monster. Anyone else thinks patriarchal misogyny? In some ways, the ending, with the ominous juxtaposition of Fleance and Malcolm points ironically to greater historical accuracy than Shakespeare himself intended in his attempt to pay tribute to his patron James I.

Ok now that the boring stuff is over, have a laugh (hey I did and laughter is something I'm happy to share with readers) at one of the latest short films from the Ice Age franchise, funny though probably inaccurate description of the evolution of the solar system LOL.



Yikes just realised that was the German version, please enjoy the English version here!


And move your body like Snoopy and Charlie Brown – still miss those holiday videos featuring the Charlie Brown gang though I don't quite miss the cousin who introduced me to them! Have fun!

And now why the title for this post?

Well, I can't wish myself 20 years younger or change history so I'm simply going to go ahead and wish I can live the life I want real soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment