Sunday 6 December 2015

Timeout, profiles and intentions

It was great taking some time off this weekend. Went for a movie, yes, it was Mockingjay (not that there was that much of a choice). Caught myself thinking it was really predictable with all the tropes and archetypes. Ok, I'm not a fan of the series but I thought with the hype and all, well, maybe something different would emerge. The love triangle, especially the scene where both guys are talking and Katniss is pretending to be asleep nearby, was so formulaic that it reminded me of the Simpsons' dig. Half the cinema was rocking with laughter at the half-hearted chemistry onscreen. Kinda reminded me of the last installment of Twilight, again I'm not a fan and it was the result of a masochistic dare between me and my ex-fiance that I ended up watching the last film of the series. I'm not sure why we made that deal, guess we were both in a masochistic mood then, why else would we want to watch stuff we hated? Irony was we'd already broken up by then but both of us still stoically fulfilled the deal. Anyway, Katniss choosing Peeta was quite predictable, after all what says bad boy and true love than one who tried to kill you at least twice. Of course, it's all utopia restored in a dystopian world when Peeta and Katniss are pictured with their cute progeny in some country paradise at the end of the movie. Seriously?

So I had to redeem myself with some popular culture that was not so erm formulaic : Cirque du Soleil's Totem. Yikes, it poured on the day I went, it was so heavy that we could hear it through the tent. Started thinking we might need an ark if it continued raining. Fortunately, it stopped at some point. Ok, so it was best summarised as a bunch of body beautiful people in acrobatic moves. Surprisingly, the one sight that kinda stunned me was the skater who played the native American princess. She was wearing only a G-string for her bottom and hopefully it was a bodysuit she had on, if not, I'm sure the guys in front might have been blinded by the sight of her pubic area as she skated round that tiny platform. And the ladies weren't left out, there were more than a few woah built bods there, mainly upper body strength though, the legs were quite normal, always made me wonder just how balanced they could be or not LOL. I generally prefer my men solid hurhurhur. So I'm dirty-minded, bite me. Anyway, it was entertaining but lacked the grace that their performances are often known for. The scientist/professor was probably the most balanced in terms of his performance. Well, think he was the only guy who wasn't stripped down to his skivvies! Here's a clip from the Vancouver perfomance : https://youtu.be/RjeIzO6LORM?t=5m9s


And it's been a weird week, first the invite to go "hunting" with another friend on account of our irresistible Scorpio natures, then the profiling. Another friend apparently created a profile for me using her account details on OkCupid, apparently, it was for my own good. She apparently didn't think it a great idea to go hunting, so despite my freaking out, I ended up answering more than 130 questions and having a heat map generated for me (I kid you not, the term was heat map) that showed my best chances were in Eastern Europe and oddly enough, the US - LOL - never dated anyone Eastern European. Guess I'd better tone down the German and brush up my French, can't do the Slavic languages so I wouldn't even try. Then I decided not to go for a cruise though invited. Sorry, we all know what a cruise entails both for couples and singles and I'd rather not piss people off on a floating island so to speak. And also in the course of the week got amused by a Facebook "friend's" attempt to make me a female submissive - apparently, no one knows me well enough to know I don't have the right DNA to be submissive. Sighs, guess that puts paid to the possibility of me being some Anastasia huh? Hurhurhur. Darn and I had my Christian too.

 And just in case anyone was wondering, here's my heat map for the US - go figure!


So I'm thanking all friends who have made efforts to help me find love in its myriad forms. But frankly, I'm not sure I'm ready to indulge. While I'd prefer not to step into my next decade alone, I'd rather not do something stupid. Plus, I promise, if I win the big lottery, I'll quit my job, return to the UK, finish my grand tour and have my year of romance complete with life plan. Guess I better start buying the lottery tickets huh?


Things are also a lot less hairy since my ex returned my funds to, guess the message finally got through to him after 3 years that there's no way back. Still, we've been friends for almost 20 years so it isn't ever going to be easy. Note to self: do not ever share investments with your fiance, especially if he earns more than 10x what you earn and therefore owns a lion share of your investments, thereby giving him the power to claim that he can't pull the investment yet...over 3 years! Well, you live and you learn I guess :p

No comments:

Post a Comment