Sunday 7 August 2016

Destroying Fantasies - The Response

First, a 'big thank you' to readers who actually read the entire story and triple the thanks to those who survived the series! Makes me hopeful that attention spans aren't going the way of the dinosaurs LOL

The trolls waiting for an acerbic response: Sorry to disappoint but I really don't have the time or energy. Then again, if you've got time to spare, you could always go on waiting or you could take the time and write a story for the rest of us. I mean that in the nicest way, really.

As for critics and supporters who've given constructive criticism and suggestions, thank you. I'm not above accepting criticism, it comes with the territory. I've dished out worse to professional authors in my day job, politely of course, - so I guess there's karma huh? I've written to template and for target audiences in various career positions and I'm not inclined to do that in my undercover writing. I'm inspired by the complex of emotions that the LW category provokes. That's why I write in this category in the first place. One commentator came really close to understanding my intentions in this story, much to my surprise (the trolls and brickbats are the usual and the script they spout is so repetitive it's pretty much a cut and paste). And that surprise was supplied by GrandPaM. There were a few others, including those kind enough to send me private messages through the Literotica Feedback mechanism, and rest assured I've read your comments.

This is something I wrote before posting the story and it helps explain why I've written this story.

http://judithloewe.blogspot.com/2016/08/why-i-wrote-destroying-fantasies.html

As explained in an earlier post, I'm currently taking a break from writing because of health issues and also because of work. I'll be back (no, not channelling Arnie, seriously) in October hopefully with three stories : the conclusion to The Original Sin (non-LW), my Shakespeare tribute piece that will also be my foray into sci-fi  LW (haha, think that'll send the trolls crazy??) and a piece that will be an original LW. The other LW stories, many of them sequels, are on hold currently. Destroying Fantasies taught me the dangers of going into overdrive on something that provokes such intense emotions in me. Guess that's why the series is so "long-winded" and "over the top" LOL



Before ending this post, I'll like to thank beta readers who've been real patient all this while. In particular, DFWBeast who's been way more patient and supportive than expected. And to thank readers, there'll be a contest set up - watch for the release and giveaway!

Have a good summer everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment